{"tableHoverUrl":true,"hotStats":[],"editableTitle":true,"printedAverageReviewRating":false,"_followData":null,"changed":[],"skipCloneDuplication":false}
Drizzy_Dan

The Anime Thread

775 posts in this topic

There are two things I love to talk about: Halo is one of course and the other is anime. I was shocked to see the Waifu mega thread but no general anime discussion. 

I'm currently watching 12 airing shows and 1 show that I'm marathoning:

Denpa Kyoushi

Kekkai Sensen

Fate/Stay Night UBW 2015

High School DxD BorN

Naruto Shippuden

Nisekoi:

Ninja Slayer From Animation

Grisaia no Rakuen

Re-Kan!

Owari no Seraph

Danna ga Nani wo Ittieru ka Wakarani ken 2 Sure me 

To LOVE Ru: Darkness

Anyone wanna share what they're watching or what they like or their favorite show?

KtGReu3.gif

Need I say more? :)

• 1 Like 4

Liked FMA and loved FMA brotherhood, I've been shown a few gems but for the most part I hate it all. Why? Fan service, if it's done the way 87% of all animes do theirs, I'll hate it. But never the less, anime can be good, it just chooses not to.

My recommendations

Parasyte

Knights of Sidonia

Hunter X Hunter

Killa Kill

Devil: Part Timer

Gurran Lagann

Claymore

Samuria Champloo

Magi

Noragamii

Sword Art Online

Psycho Pass

Witchblade

Appleseed

• 1 Like 2

tumblr_mrc1doQCxA1r562iyo1_500.gif

tumblr_mq5pysm91X1sz2eldo1_400.gif

AsukaCatatonic.JPG

tumblr_mpopae1EZq1roaszgo2_500.gif

I particularly like what immediately follows :^)

tumblr_mpopae1EZq1roaszgo3_500.gif

• 1 Like 1

If anyone wants a long-running series which mixes comedy, action, and a range of emotion, I highly suggest Gintama. It's a bit rough to get into at first, and being knowledgeable about Japan's history and culture is crucial to some jokes, but it's truly an underrated show.

• 1 Like 1

I particularly like what immediately follows :^)

You mean, Asuka laying there and Shinji fa-[REDACTED]

Probably the one anime I have minimal regrets watching.

jdnU1V9.gif

And I'm about 50/50 on whether or not I just asked for a fight.

I would like to try someone anime any suggestions for a complete noob? Might try Evangelion since Dust loves it and seems to be well loved.

Evangelion is very popular and highly controversial in the anime community. Some people love it and some hate it because they don't understand the wtf ending. It's one of my favorite shows though and I watched it when I was just getting into anime too. Here are some recommendations based on genre:

Mirai Nikki - game/survival/thriller

BTOOOM! - game/survival/thriller/psychological

Fate/Zero - action/magic/supernatural

Bakemonogatari - mystery/supernatural/comedy

Attack on Titan - action with some psychological/seinen/supernatural aspects (this is a must-watch in my opinion, also up for debate in the anime community)

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? - ecchi/harem/comedy/shounen

Akatsuki no Yona - action/adventure/shounen

I have been kicking around the idea of Mirai Nikki since it became a joke that Yuno is my waifu. Will try that or Attack on Titan.  Thanks for the help. 

I have been kicking around the idea of Mirai Nikki since it became a joke that Yuno is my waifu. Will try that or Attack on Titan.  Thanks for the help. 

It's a totally wacky show but it instantly became one of my favorites. Anytime yay.gif

I have been watching both Mirai Nikki and Attack on Titan. I am immensely enjoying both. Mirai is certainly wacky and what I thought constituted anime but very enjoyable. Yuno is straight up crazy but likable, Yukki is just blah. Attack on Titan is fucking awesome though. The action sequences and the characters are great. The theme and end songs are amazing. Mikasa is a straight up badass and a fantastic character.

tumblr_mrzh3uXDWm1sgoreeo1_500.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hpSrJvOAzk

How can you not find those two things awesome?

• 1 Like 1

69455.jpg

My Love Story!! is really good.

Yeah it's pretty good. I started watching it this weekend and caught up with where it's at. The ending scene of episode 6(?) with Takeo trying to do that thing to Sunakawa was so damn hilarious. whenever I see plastic wrap that's all I going to think about now.  

I watched DBZ as a kid, and I've rewatched it and got back into it in general over the last year.  I have DBZ Abridged to thank for that haha.

Otherwise I recently got into One Piece.  I've never been huge on anime, but never had any reason to dislike it.  One Piece just fit my sense of humor and stuff.  I binge watched the first like 160 episodes, but I've slowed down.  About 210 epsodes in and watching a couple to 10 or so a week, depending on my mood and how busy I am.

DBZ Abridged is fantastic, though Yu-gi-oh! Abridged is my favorite.

• 1 Like 1

DBZ Abridged is fantastic, though Yu-gi-oh! Abridged is my favorite.

Definitely the best two abridged series. The voice acting is actually better than real dubs of other shows.

Definitely the best two abridged series. The voice acting is actually better than real dubs of other shows.

You're probably right. Though I think Dan Green did a pretty good job of being epic.

I would like to try someone anime any suggestions for a complete noob? Might try Evangelion since Dust loves it and seems to be well loved.

If you're gonna watch Evangelion, you might not want to marathon it, since a bit of thinking is required after every few episodes... Especially the later ones *shudders*

But yea, as Drizzy_Dan said, the ending is quite wtf. But many people say you either like it or hate it (I can see why), as there doesn't seem to be an in between, and I have my brother to tell me why it doesn't look absolutely great to him, even though I was hooked after the first episode. But good luck if you decide to watch it.

But anyways, the anime's I have finished watching/am in the process of watching and I like. (Not in order)

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Full Metal Alchemist (original and Brotherhood)

Sword Art Online

Kokoro Connect

K-on!

Cowboy Bebop

Code Geass

Wait, this isn't right... I need to start watching more anime, this list isn't big enough yet.

If you're gonna watch Evangelion, you might not want to marathon it, since a bit of thinking is required after every few episodes... Especially the later ones *shudders*

But yea, as Drizzy_Dan said, the ending is quite wtf. But many people say you either like it or hate it (I can see why), as there doesn't seem to be an in between, and I have my brother to tell me why it doesn't look absolutely great to him, even though I was hooked after the first episode. But good luck if you decide to watch it.

But anyways, the anime's I have finished watching/am in the process of watching and I like. (Not in order)

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Full Metal Alchemist (original and Brotherhood)

Sword Art Online

Kokoro Connect

K-on!

Cowboy Bebop

Code Geass

Wait, this isn't right... I need to start watching more anime, this list isn't big enough yet.

I watch one of those things on that list, Sword Art Online.