{"tableHoverUrl":true,"hotStats":[],"editableTitle":true,"printedAverageReviewRating":false,"_followData":null,"changed":[],"skipCloneDuplication":false}
itisKenway

I skimmed through my Halo 5 artbook and pulled out what I felt was interesting

8 posts in this topic

Hello fellow members of Archive and the like!

I own the Halo 5 artbook and recently heard some desire for what else is buried in the concepts. I figured I'd take some shitty screenshots and share them with you. They're interesting enough that I feel you guys will enjoy it and be able to discuss the lore behind it.

http://imgur.com/a/tmobm

Please discuss below, and if this already exists or isn't allowed, please also let me know. Thanks.

• 1 Like 5

Hello fellow members of Archive and the like!

I own the Halo 5 artbook and recently heard some desire for what else is buried in the concepts. I figured I'd take some shitty screenshots and share them with you. They're interesting enough that I feel you guys will enjoy it and be able to discuss the lore behind it.

http://imgur.com/a/tmobm

Please discuss below, and if this already exists or isn't allowed, please also let me know. Thanks.

Nice stuff there. Can you post more Covenant, Swords of Sanghelios or Sangheili related concept art? 

• 1 Like 1

lQ59yvc.jpg

This one definitely interested me. Would've been cool to see Blue Team Missions with them searching for Guardians on Human Colonies.

I had to create an account to point out something.

When you see the Master Chief in a concept art, it doesn't mean he was supposed to be in the location depicted, or that there was a campaign mission with him cut from the game. The Chief is very often used by artists in concept art to demonstrate scale. He appears everywhere, from early to late concepts, from campaign to multiplayer to promotional concepts.

Anyway, thank you OP! If you are taking requests, I would love to see anything related to UNSC spaceships.

• 1 Like 2

I had to create an account to point out something.

When you see the Master Chief in a concept art, it doesn't mean he was supposed to be in the location depicted, or that there was a campaign mission with him cut from the game. The Chief is very often used by artists in concept art to demonstrate scale. He appears everywhere, from early to late concepts, from campaign to multiplayer to promotional concepts.

Anyway, thank you OP! If you are taking requests, I would love to see anything related to UNSC spaceships.

You say this like it's a fact. How so? 

You say this like it's a fact. How so? 

Because it's industry common practice, my dear. Usually in game production or animation production we pull the protagonist (or whoever that gets the most screen time throughout the campaign) out as scale standard because the viewers/players will be spending most of their time with them or will be experiencing the game with these characters.

That being said, the environment we see in Halo series will thus be kinda tricky/funny because theoretically the environment should reflect to common/average size of the species, which means human stuffs should feel smaller from John's POV, with Sunaion be just about right size for him, and Forerunner stuffs being more massive/spacious.

• 1 Like 1

Great images in choice and quality Kenway. I didn't even know you were taking them yourself until I saw the flash on one lol I would enjoy seeing more.

Because it's industry common practice, my dear. Usually in game production or animation production we pull the protagonist (or whoever that gets the most screen time throughout the campaign) out as scale standard because the viewers/players will be spending most of their time with them or will be experiencing the game with these characters.

That being said, the environment we see in Halo series will thus be kinda tricky/funny because theoretically the environment should reflect to common/average size of the species, which means human stuffs should feel smaller from John's POV, with Sunaion be just about right size for him, and Forerunner stuffs being more massive/spacious.

Oh, I already knew this. I just wanted him to provide more meat in his post.