{"tableHoverUrl":true,"hotStats":[],"editableTitle":true,"printedAverageReviewRating":false,"_followData":null,"changed":[],"skipCloneDuplication":false}
StellarStateLogic

Halo: Legends Japanese Blu-ray Special/First Edition (unboxing)

29 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure people have seen these already but it probably doesn't hurt to share.

I've just finished unboxing it and will scan the pages later when I got more time.

• 1 Like 4

Package

Special cover art for the Japanese edition, with a list of contents included in the Special Edition and First Edition are on the belt:

Japanese Original Contents:

1. Original jacket design
  2. Original special extra disc (DVD)

First Edition Contents:

1. Japanese edition-exclusive keyframe/storyboard booklet (20 pages)
  2. Japanese edition-exclusive postcard

DSC_2412.jpg

DSC_2410.jpg

DSC_2414.jpg

DSC_2416.jpg

• 1 Like 1

Contents (top to down, left to right)

1. Special booklet
  2. Pamphlet
  3. Postcard (with Shinji Aramaki's signature)
  4. Blu-ray
  5. Extra content DVD labeled "Rough-cut Animation"

DSC_2417.jpg

DSC_2420.jpg

DSC_2419.jpg

• 1 Like 1

Special Booklet

Pretty much just a spread for each featured animation.

DSC_2422.jpg

DSC_2423.jpg

Homecoming 

DSC_2424.jpg

DSC_2426.jpg

The Duel 

DSC_2428.jpg

DSC_2430.jpg

DSC_2431.jpg

The Package

DSC_2432.jpg

DSC_2433.jpg 

Pamphlet

With synopsis/introduction on every Halo faction and a timeline on the bottom half.

DSC_2434.jpg

DSC_2435.jpg

DSC_2436.jpg

• 1 Like 1

Postcard

Just a postcard with Aramaki's signature.

DSC_2421.jpg

• 1 Like 1

Are we allowed to feature someone twice in a row? :)

But seriously this is great stuff! I love this :D!

• 1 Like 4

Amazing :D

• 1 Like 2

Are we allowed to feature someone twice in a row? :)

But seriously this is great stuff! I love this :D!

Yeah it's especially great cos a lot of people said The Package was crap for all whatever reasons (especially with it being 3D). And now we have solid proof that Aramaki's team has ACTUALLY done the keyframes/storyboards in pencil and paper BEFORE they've put it into 3D. Cheers to some rather detailed sketches for Master Chief headshot and decent flow presentation.

• 1 Like 5

Oooo fancy.

Is there an English version of this coming soon?

I only have the standard DVD.

• 1 Like 1

Yeah it's especially great cos a lot of people said The Package was crap for all whatever reasons (especially with it being 3D). And now we have solid proof that Aramaki's team has ACTUALLY done the keyframes/storyboards in pencil and paper BEFORE they've put it into 3D. Cheers to some rather detailed sketches for Master Chief headshot and decent flow presentation.

Wow I never thought anyone hated that one. I thought is was one of the best ones. Only gripe I had was the voicing for MC but even that was so minimal.

Also ever since Samurai Jack I've loved seeing the storyboards for any animation that does so. :) 

• 1 Like 2

How did you manage to get this?

• 1 Like 1

Oooo fancy.

Is there an English version of this coming soon?

I only have the standard DVD.

Sadly nope, this one is exclusive release in Japan....

• 1 Like 1

How did you manage to get this?

I live in Asia and got lucky. I knew the Blu-ray was out in 2010 and wasn't expecting to get one (got into the fandom too late). After 2 years of searches I've managed to find one single store that can help me get it. I wasn't expecting my order would get through, but it eventually did, and it's brand-new unpacked.

Still didn't have as much luck for the Halo 5 LP................ that one is out of print.

• 1 Like 2

Wow I never thought anyone hated that one. I thought is was one of the best ones. Only gripe I had was the voicing for MC but even that was so minimal.

Also ever since Samurai Jack I've loved seeing the storyboards for any animation that does so. :) 

As far as my observation goes I think the majority of complaints were made for Halsey's character design and probably Kelly or Fred's action scene choreography being too fancy or some sorts like that. But you can see how in the storyboard/keyframe @ cut 196 that it has been kinda presented as a diagram and it kinda all make sense? It's just the old-school animation discipline thing that makes it worthwhile.

• 1 Like 1

As far as my observation goes I think the majority of complaints were made for Halsey's character design and probably Kelly or Fred's action scene choreography being too fancy or some sorts like that. But you can see how in the storyboard/keyframe @ cut 196 that it has been kinda presented as a diagram and it kinda all make sense? It's just the old-school animation discipline thing that makes it worthwhile.

I loved the "Lets Sprint this" scene, my only complaints were Halsey (as they made her say most of Cortana's iconic lines.) they also kinda made a weird flirtyness to her when John woke her up seeing as he is only 15 or so when that mission occurred its kinda "EH"

The other being the sangheili side character named Thel which they have him fight John only to be removed and then the shipmaster alludes to him only redeeming himself by becoming Arbiter which would then make people who aren't that informed with Halo lore to think that Sangheili was Thel Vadamee.

I can ignore the other stuff like all covenant having green blood etc...

Sadly nope, this one is exclusive release in Japan....

How much for a copy? I want one :( 

The other being the sangheili side character named Thel which they have him fight John only to be removed and then the shipmaster alludes to him only redeeming himself by becoming Arbiter which would then make people who aren't that informed with Halo lore to think that Sangheili was Thel Vadamee.
I can ignore the other stuff like all covenant having green blood etc...

To be fair from what I recall, I do believe that actually was the original intent with 343i listing "the Arbiter" as being featured in that short on the Halo Channel. But then many many people pointed out the inconsistency of him already being a Zealot Shipmaster far earlier in the war as seen in the Cole Protocol, and thus it was immediately rectonned via the adjunct section of the re-released Fall of Reach.

• 1 Like 1

To be fair from what I recall, I do believe that actually was the original intent with 343i listing "the Arbiter" as being featured in that short on the Halo Channel. But then many many people pointed out the inconsistency of him already being a Zealot Shipmaster far earlier in the war as seen in the Cole Protocol, and thus it was immediately rectonned via the adjunct section of the re-released Fall of Reach.

I believe your timeline is mixed up. xD Halo Channel didnt exist back in 2009 ;) Unless we hit a timewarp. Then someone tell @GrimBrother One his future role with us all ;)

But that said I get ye. After that Episode Aired on the Halo Waypoint ages ago.(Yes I remember that) everyone was so confused. Thus 343i added a section in the TFoR re-release. Though them being well 8-6 months apart, I have to wonder if 343i knew before the episode aired.

• 1 Like 1

I believe your timeline is mixed up. xD Halo Channel didnt exist back in 2009 ;) Unless we hit a timewarp. Then someone tell @GrimBrother One his future role with us all ;)

But that said I get ye. After that Episode Aired on the Halo Waypoint ages ago.(Yes I remember that) everyone was so confused. Thus 343i added a section in the TFoR re-release. Though them being well 8-6 months apart, I have to wonder if 343i knew before the episode aired.

Oh man I derped out there. I meant to say the original Halo Waypoint the app before Waypoint became a site and the app turned into the Halo Channel. XD

Edit: Did some looking back. Didn't find too much buried under fossilized hate and contempt (ah memories) for the series back in the day, but @ToaFreak made reference to the expectation that Thel Vadamee was supposed to be in The Package back when it first aired.So least I know I'm not going completely senile :p I'm under the impression it was originally supposed to have been such, then people pointed it out, which in turn made the re-release TFoR made for a nice easy way to fix it. Apparently according to commentary at the time Frankie intentionally did not want to date the short which inadvertently led to other things like Halsey's visuals, so they probably thought it genuine and alright to stick Vadamee in there at first, mentioning it as such before making the switch to Lodamee.

How much for a copy? I want one :( 

5980 yen plus tax, as said on the package. You just need to find a store that can help you get it.

• 1 Like 1

5980 yen plus tax, as said on the package. You just need to find a store that can help you get it.

So pretty much I drop 1k and I got this. Shipping and everything...hopefully...

Read it wrong and totally should have known lol only about $100 with shipping lol xD 

• 1 Like 1

I live in Asia and got lucky. I knew the Blu-ray was out in 2010 and wasn't expecting to get one (got into the fandom too late). After 2 years of searches I've managed to find one single store that can help me get it. I wasn't expecting my order would get through, but it eventually did, and it's brand-new unpacked.

Still didn't have as much luck for the Halo 5 LP................ that one is out of print.

Is the xbox 360 legal where you live? I heard it wasn't sold in China and Japan, South and North Korea don't seem to be places for people with xbox. 

Is the xbox 360 legal where you live? I heard it wasn't sold in China and Japan, South and North Korea don't seem to be places for people with xbox. 

Where in the world are you talking about? 360 is perfectly legal in Japan and (South) Korea. We've even had Halo4 limited edition here in the store which I have decided not to get one. Look at those photos I've shown above, there is a timeline, there are games put under them, aren't those Japanese edition of Halo games released on 360?

Sorry what you've said simply don't make sense at all...... I'm baffled... to say the least.........................

The Xbone games and consoles have hit a decline ever since PS4 came out so I had to actually get them from another city and getting all my games directly from online, but all is well?

Still don't know where you've gotten that information................... or impression........................... But you've clearly been misled.

Where in the world are you talking about? 360 is perfectly legal in Japan and (South) Korea. We've even had Halo4 limited edition here in the store which I have decided not to get one. Look at those photos I've shown above, there is a timeline, there are games put under them, aren't those Japanese edition of Halo games released on 360?

Sorry what you've said simply don't make sense at all...... I'm baffled... to say the least.........................

The Xbone games and consoles have hit a decline ever since PS4 came out so I had to actually get them from another city and getting all my games directly from online, but all is well?

Still don't know where you've gotten that information................... or impression........................... But you've clearly been misled.

sorry bad phrasing. I know that Xbox is available in Korea and Japan. Though I often hear that Western games do very bad there compared to the west, like just a few thousand sales (eg I heard that mass effect had only 14,000 sales in Japan). I had also heard that consoles weren't legal in China until a few years ago and the government imposed limits on much time people were allowed to play videogames. As far as I have heard gaming trends in Asia are very different than those in the US,  at least on consoles.