{"tableHoverUrl":true,"hotStats":[],"editableTitle":true,"printedAverageReviewRating":false,"_followData":null,"changed":[],"skipCloneDuplication":false}
Aeolian Hope

Aeolian Hope - A Fan-Made Halo Webcomic

52 posts in this topic

Hey, all. We hope you'll take some time to check out our ongoing Halo webcomic, Aeolian Hope. It's set right in the middle of the Human-Covenant War (2540, to be exact), and follows the hardships faced by regular, unaugmented UNSC soldiers facing the overwhelming power of the Covenant. It's an 'in-the-trenches' war story that is intended to highlight what a horrifying experience this war was for humanity (and even for a lot of the Covenant combatants as well).

Plase check it out and let us know what you think. We're incredibly excited to see this story unfold and hope you'll come along for the ride with us!

• 1 Like 6

I'm probably not going to read until the entirety is finished because I prefer to read a while story than in snippets.

However, the artwork from the first page looks pretty damn good.

• 1 Like 2

Thank you much, Bacon; glad you like the art!

I definitely understand the need to read stories as one unit. However, do you mean you're waiting for the first issue to finish or the entire story? If it's the first issue, that will probably be some time later this year when it's done. If you mean the entire story... well, that is quite a ways off. Whenever you do read it, we hope it is worth the wait for you!

Thank you much, Bacon; glad you like the art!

I definitely understand the need to read stories as one unit. However, do you mean you're waiting for the first issue to finish or the entire story? If it's the first issue, that will probably be some time later this year when it's done. If you mean the entire story... well, that is quite a ways off. Whenever you do read it, we hope it is worth the wait for you!

First issue. It's more worth it for me (personally) to wait a while and hae more to look at as a result ^.^

First issue. It's more worth it for me (personally) to wait a while and hae more to look at as a result ^.^

No worries, I'll keep posting the updates here so you'll know when it's done. Thank you for the interest!

Hello, everyone. I am pleased to announce that our fan-made Halo webcomic, Aeolian Hope, has begun its publication! You can view the current material from the first issue here.

This is only the first part of Issue 1, so don't worry that that's the whole thing. Like most webcomics, we will now be posting each new page as it is completed, but we wanted to start off with a solid chunk and introduction to the story. Currently we are predicting a roughly two-week production cycle per page, so don't forget to check back often for new content!

This has been a long road for us to get our outfit together and running, and it's amazing to finally start seeing everything we've been working on come together. Many of the roughest kinks are worked out for us now, so it should be much more stable going forward.

We hope you'll check it out and let us know what you think. We're incredibly excited to see this story unfold and hope you'll come along for the ride with us!

- Aubrey and the Aeolian Hope team.

Special thanks to Sal Salerno of HaloFanForLife for serving as a consultant on this project - his input has made a world of difference for us. Sal is going through some really tough times right now and needs the community's support. If you have the ability, please visit his gofundme emergency page and chip in what you can.

The artwork is actually really nice, and I love the ODST helmet at the top. (Based off of the Halo 4 one that a fan had created, I presume?)

Can't wait for more!

• 1 Like 1

The artwork is actually really nice, and I love the ODST helmet at the top. (Based off of the Halo 4 one that a fan had created, I presume?)

Can't wait for more!

Thanks a bunch, Ghost! I asked our artist and he said that he actually used the helmet from the Halo 3: ODST live action trailer as a reference. I think he added some of his own embellishments though.

The next page will be up this coming Friday (03-27-15). Stay tuned!

• 1 Like 1

Looks excellent and written spectacularly! Wonderful banter on the Falcon. I wish I could do relatable, earthy dialogue like that.

• 1 Like 1

Looks excellent and written spectacularly! Wonderful banter on the Falcon. I wish I could do relatable, earthy dialogue like that.

That is very kind of you to say, thank you so much! I was a bit worried about how the opening dialogue would be recieved, so it's good to know at least some people like it. We're thrilled you like it so far and hope you'll continue to follow the story with us as it unfolds.

That is very kind of you to say, thank you so much! I was a bit worried about how the opening dialogue would be recieved, so it's good to know at least some people like it. We're thrilled you like it so far and hope you'll continue to follow the story with us as it unfolds.

I plan to. Best of luck with the upcoming stories!

Our new page is up! Check out Page 11 for some sweet exposition action!

Page 13 is now up. A hearty thank you to all of our readers so far. =)

Page 14 is live! With Aeolian Hope in full swing and the writing contest on Waypoint, I've sure been working on a lot of Halo storytelling lately! If only we could enter webcomics in the writing contest...

• 1 Like 1

You guys need to get noticed by Grim and 343i.

That sure would be a dream come true for us. We're just glad in the meantime that people seem to be liking it. If you're enjoying it so far I can assure you that it will only get better. =)

Well here we are - Page 15 is up! We're very close to the halfway mark for Issue 1 now - very exciting!

Our artist is going on vacation for the month of June - AH will be back in full force come July. If you haven't already, now is a great time to catch up on the story so far. =)

• 1 Like 1

Hey, everyone. With Aeolian Hope coming to the Archive's Community Creations blog, I will wind the content updates on this page down in order to avoid redundancy. I'll keep posting new page notices here until the Archive catches up to current, at which point the Archive will also serve to notify when a new page goes up.

With that in mind, I would like to keep this going as a discussion thread. If you guys have any questions or comments about the series, please feel free to ask them here and I'll do my best to answer them (without spoiling anything of course).

We're back from hiatus! Sorry for the break and thank you for bearing with us. Check out Page 16 and let us know what you think!

Thank you, SGT Pepr we're really glad you like it so far! Brian's hard at work on Page 17, which both is the half-way point for Issue #1 and introduces one of my favorite characters from the story. Stay tuned. :)

Guys... shit's getting real. Page 17, and with it the halfway mark for Issue #1, is up! Check it out and please let us know your thoughts on the comic so far.  :gruntjump: 

• 1 Like 1

Kicking myself for not reading this sooner.

Really awesome work! Looking forward to following this !

• 1 Like 1