Light the Beacon
Where are my Lekgolo fans here? Anyone? Any love for our criminally underused worms that are so interesting when you get to know more about them? Huh? Cmoooon, Leggo My Lekgolo.
Joking aside, welcome to a new Archive Beacon, it’s your usual suspects and bond brothers Jones and HaruspexOfHell here again, hope you’ve got enough worms in the dirt because we are visiting a Colony– I mean, Colony. Watch those pronouns.
Strange and inscrutable, the Hunter pair who identifies as “Colony” is believed to be either a representative for Lekgolo allied to the Banished or a specialised command form of the alien eel-worms. Colony defers only to Atriox and is charged with directing all Banished Lekgolo activities on the Ark, including creation and expansion of Lekgolo clusters for use in vehicles and other specialised applications. Though it cooperates with the Banished, Colony appears to have its own plans for the Ark. Most of its attention is currently focused on the activities near the resting place of the Forerunner keyships; missions undertaken outside the knowledge of other Banished leaders.
Finally, our beloved worms are getting the attention they deserve, in the newly released Colony update for Halo Wars 2 from actually hearing their voices for the first time in game to new units that we’ve never seen or heard of before all in this update! Let’s take a quick overview over Colony’s units and abilities shall we?
ALL UNITS– LOCAL UNITS
Here are some of the units confirmed to be part of Colony’s arsenal!
- Goliath – The Goliath is what you get when both groups of a Lekgolo colony occupy a single, massive suit of armour. This gigantic, melee-focused unit excels at laying waste to enemy structures, can pull enemies towards him, and has a shoulder-charge ability to quickly annihilate groups of weaker foes.
- Engineer Swarm – Colony can summon a swarm of Huragok Engineers to the battlefield to heal allied units in the area for a limited time. An Engineer Swarm provides strong healing and is more cost-effective than UNSC Restoration Drones but are vulnerable to being showdown by anti-air units if deployed too close to enemy threats.
- Enduring Locust – The Enduring Locust has the range and multi-purpose usage as its basic brethren but gets a substantial bump in effectiveness thanks to its “Last Stand” ability, which deploys a number of infantry troops to fight on after the unit has been destroyed.
- Scarred Hunter – This pair of sturdy Veteran Hunters come equipped with an upgraded Beam Weapon to deal more damage than their basic counterparts.
- Skitterer Mob – These small mechanical units are considered “little brothers” of the Locust and what they lack in toughness they more than make up for in sheer numbers and symbiotic impact.
- Hunter Captain – Hero unit in Colony’s forces is the intimidating, hulking Hunter Captain. This legendary unit is extremely slow but extremely resilient, making it an excellent front-line tank. With its Taunt ability. The Hunter Captain will force nearby enemies to attack him, providing excellent support for weaker, ranged units on the secondary line. To provide extra survivability, the Captain can syphon health from enemy units to heal himself and utilise Shock to debuff enemy troops and significantly reduce their armour.
The Swarm Remembers
Now, onto the abilities shall we?
- Vehicle Symbiotes – This area-of-effect buff calls forth Lekgolo worms to swarm over targeted vehicles and buildings, increasing their armour and range. Unlike most other buffs, the positive effects of the Symbiotes is permanent, lasting until the affected unit is destroyed.
- Living Barrier – Colony can summon a wall of Lekgolo worms that act as barricades to block enemy ground vehicles, fortify chokepoints and protect friendly structures. Skilful Barrier deployments can also be used on top of enemy armies in mid-battle to divide and separate advancing forces.
- Hunters Brand – A relatively cheap Tier 3 ability that is similar to a Glassing Beam but is cheaper to deploy and thus can be more frequently used. Three beams converge on a target, dealing damage and briefly slowing affected units.
- Colony Drop – A Tier 3 ability that drops in a pair of Veteran Goliaths providing a quick strike team packing serious muscle.
- Devastating Host – This Ultimate ability is a powerful, large-scale Spirit drop that summons Hunters and vehicles buffed with Vehicle Symbiotes. The entire landing zone is buffed so any additional vehicles or structures in the area will also be affected.
- Combat Repairs – An Ultimate ability that provides a slow, healing-over-time effect to all structures and units for the remainder of the game!
And as the last note for today, Halo: Envoy has released on Digital and Physical copies, you can get it now! You can also discuss it freely on our forums clicking right here
Well, thanks to a series of unfortunate…well maybe fortunate…events, we are now in the works of remodelling our main website and pages pertaining to it. It will be a work in progress, but in its final form, it will be a glorious piece of art.
Also along is still our forums, now possible, new rendition. Still in a small debate to look into a new host or stick with it here. We are creating a Patreon so then you, the members, can at least see the progress in a more accurate forecast. Plus for your security and ours. We hope the rewards are nice for you all and those of you who are already Reclaimers will stay and maybe some new Reclaimers will join too!
But that is our main focus now.
Doesn’t mean we will stop production of other events! Speaking of here is the latest and greatest! Our interview with Dr. David Brin (www.davidbrin.com)
ManChid – LifeworkerBuilder
From your usual suspects, come quite a list of things that you may or may not have missed!
Sorry I’ve been MIA lately, as some of you know I’ve got a new job that’s been taking up most of my time. But fear not, me and a few others have been silently working behind the scenes on some thing for you all… it will be announced in due time, but I believe it will be worth the wait.
I didn’t forget to comment like last time, SAD!
I hope you’re all doing well. Discussions have been mostly clean; keep it up.
Oh, don’t forget to join the Discord. It’s pretty lit.
-Wannabe Mall Cop Preston
And that officially brings this post to an end! Short but sweet, mostly a test in the new UI of which if you have any complaints or suggestions please direct them to either one of us or straight to the Archive Beacon Feedback thread! We really need your feedback to make up a better experience reading these for you and for us, so don’t be shy we don’t bite at the sight of Feedback!
Now, that brings this one to a close, remember to go to our forums, engage in discussions, etc! You’ll most certainly be sure to find a friend and a good time around the forums.
If you do not have an account for the forums, yet, you can create one right here!