Light the Beacon
A new day, a new Beacon arrives at our doorstep! A very fiery one to be precise. Hello again from your beloved – or hated – kinda usual typist here; HaruspexOfHell a much more seasoned new guy here, now and as always I only hope that this issue is of the best quality for you all as I hope you have been enjoying my presence here as much as I have been enjoying typing all of these out! Though, without further a due, let’s begin! And let the fires be ever, withstanding.
Lieutenant Colonel, Morgan Kinsano, leader of Firestorm Battlegroup and possible head of the Hellbringers, she’s a ruthless leader specialising in fire equipment, she’ll burn whatever steps in front of her and go out the other way unscathed like a vixen on the fire. She’ll bring down hell upon her enemies like a goddess of fire.
She’ll bring down the skies and burn down the forests of the Ark with her ways, the former Insurrectionists turned her sights from other humans only to land face first towards an enemy that humanity had never seen before. But the tip of her flamethrower would always be ready and leaking fuel and fire as her steps are heavy.
This is who we’re dealing with here. One of the new leaders incoming for Halo Wars 2! Sorry for all the fanfare, but I had to write out something that would be fitting after that video, and I hope it encapsulated everything that she is, perfectly! Though, without more delay, we shall get to the good stuff. . . The details!
And, I shall start with the Lore. As expected to some, not so expected to others, haha.
- Kinsano’s Phoenix Log:
- Insurrectionist firebrand turned UNSC leader.
- Kinsano specializes in flame—based attacks, with an emphasis on destruction
and area denial. Her arsenal includes a Flame Cyclops suit that she can use as a
Hero in the field, and a specially—adapted Warthog equipped with a white—
burning anti—armor flamer.
- Morgan Kinsano was a key insurrectionist leader in the outer colonies when the
Covenant attacked, sparking the Human-Covenant war, and she saw fellow
fighters and family members alike cut down by the unstoppable Covenant war
- The Covenant war scattered the insurrection movement and she signed up to
join the UNSC, realizing that if the Covenant killed everyone she wouldn’t have
an insurrection to come back to. Her politics and approach to combat might be
unusual for the UNSC, but her ruthless fighting style and unorthodox tactics
have saved many lives.
So, from what we can see here, she is not just you average UNSC jockey, she’s an innie, outer colony. It’ll interesting to see what kind of repercussions her presence would bring or how her relationship with anything UNSC is, of course, in other posts it has been noted that she cares about the crew of the Spirit of Fire so it remains to be seen, one thing is for certain, though, her presence in Operation: SPEARBREAKER is certainly welcome and I am excited to see what kind of combat dialogue she has, the Innie bravado is grand and for an innie leader, I am highly interested to see what her reactions may be in the future as the NCA could still be out there.
Will she choose duty, or will she choose to go against the machine once more? Hopefully, in the future, something like this is tackled upon.
So, what can we expect from Kinsano in the game? Well, her new units, abilities, etc! And her new units are as follows!
- Kinsano’s Cyclops – Her very own, modified cyclops without a covered cockpit or glass. The arms are modified to hold two M7057/Defoliant Projectors. It also has the special ability called flamewall which does as much as the name suggests, creates a wall of fire, incinerating everything in its path and wreaking havoc around it.
- Flame Warthog – This AMG Transports Dynamics’ M12 Force Application Vehicle, better known as the ‘Warthog’ has been retrofitted with a flamethrower instead of an M46 LAAG or ‘Vulcan’, and it will wreak havoc amongst even the bravest Covenant soldiers. This version of the warthog also holds twice the strength of a standard M12 FAV and specialises in close range rather than long.
- Veteran Flame ‘Hog – This version of the Flame Warthog is a slightly more expensive one, which changes the flamethrower that the Flame ‘Hog holds for a grenade launcher, with ready-to-fire incendiary rounds.
- Veteran Hellbringers – These units are more resilient, tougher and stronger than their counterpart, they will deal with anything and everything on the field.
Now, that’ll be all for the new units, though, now we move on to the good stuff! Abilities.
- Helldrop – The Helldrop takes the classic ODST drop to the next level as drop pods rain down from the sky, explode in a blast of fire and unleash a squad of flame-throwing Hellbringers to burn down any enemies left standing.
- Hellcharge – Kinsano is fierce and ruthless on the front lines and when the need arises, can inspire her troops to new heights with special abilities such as the Hellcharge. When activated, this ability provides a status buff to friendly units to briefly increase their speed, damage output and cause them to explode if they die while under its effect.
- Napalm Missiles – Sometimes a more direct approach is needed to deal with serious threats and when Kinsano’s units or friendly buffs won’t do, she can call down a Napalm Missile strike to annihilate anything caught in its path.
- Inferno – Kinsano can call upon her ultimate offensive power – the Inferno. This ability is expensive to use but unleashes a massive blast of fire leaving behind a long-lasting burning effect to anything caught in its large radius.
- Redline – A Tier 2 ability that provides a speed and damage boost to newly-spawned units for a limited time.
- Heat of Battle – This Tier 3 ability offers a unique ally buff that empowers friendly units with increased damage resistance and damage output whenever they gain a kill.
- Flame Warthog Drop – A mid-priced, Tier 3 ability that deploys three Veteran Flame Hogs to the battlefield.
- Firestorm Battlegroup – An expensive, ultimate ability that calls down a squad of Hellbringers, a Scorpion and two Hornets while also buffing the drop zone with max-level Hellcharge.
And that’ll be all for this one, as not a lot of news are out there spiralling about this time sadly! Though, of course, as you may have seen she’s already out so I hope to see you all on the battlefield, and testing out all these abilities in amazing ways. Makes sure to call hell down on bases as well, they deserve it.
UNSC. Today, Tomorrow, Forever!
I apologise for not getting this Beacon out any sooner. Jones here for more announcements to be said from the Archive!
Not much has been going on overall, mostly just an “off” time for us all with this time of the semester/year. But things are in the works.
Just as an easy recap for you all on what we have planned and currently in the works, I will list each separately.
Pictorial Hand – This new project of ours will be another blog! But not another blog about the lore in Halo. But more about the art, the fan art. The Pictorial Hand will showcase all works of art, whether it be writing, drawing, or music, that come from the Halo community. More on this project will be told to the public before release, but if you have any questions on it, feel free to ask me or HaruspexofHell.
Badges – We have a few new badges already in place and some coming up! Some new ones already in place are the Community Leader badge, which is given to those who served as a Juridical or Community Manager but have stepped down for any number of reasons. Another badge, that will tie in with Pictorial Hand, is the Artist badge. Made by our member lizking a while back. Will be given to those who are featured in the Pictorial Hand.
Some badges that are coming up, either during this beacon or after are the (long awaited for) Discord badge, we have a discord for use when the site is down or for just small talk and gamedays with SheSangheili for Cards Against Halo (Humanity). The badge will be given to those who are on our discord server. The second and final badge (so far) is the Indirect Achievement badge. To “tip our hat” to a special member and Ambassador of ours, Indirect. His channel on YouTube is filled with the best “Top Ten” videos on almost any game possible for it. Especially Halo. So if you are ever featured in one or more of his videos, you will be awarded with this badge.
Gamedays – So these things are going on still. Keep en eye out for our twitter and our club on Xbox for notifications on our gamedays!
That is the majority of what has been going on so far in the Archive. More of course behind curtains, but not ready for the world to see, just yet.
Last but not least. We are still looking for Constructors and Content Writers!
Constructors are the backbone of the site, they help keep it running in all forms. But currently we have very few who are able to help out, but we thank them nonetheless for their service. Want to out your CS skills to good use? Join the Constructors and help build, improve and construct the Halo Archive.
Content Writers are those who work on our blog(s). Like this one! Or even ones like DilDevs, CloneBoyOllie, HurryingCandy, HaruspexofHell and others!
If you are interested in either position above please PM me, Adv Jones, saying your interest as well as a small portfolio of what your plan to do as well as past work.
000 Tragic Solitude – Builder
Captain Ruse – Miner
Cybermat47 – Lifeworker
Dances Through Air – Builder
Dismantler – BuilderBuilder
This week in our featured, from our very talented friends will be the following! – although with the usual.. plug of my own. wink wink, nudge nudge.
First, from our dearest and closest Haruspis!
From your very own, HaruspexOfHell
“With new games, stories, and events around us and on the horizon, things are looking good for the Archive!”
– Cognitive Bias
“Memes are like pizza. They’re not healthy in large quantities. Sometimes they burn you and you get those bubbles on the roof of mouth and then they pop and you have those little bits of skin hanging down and it’s all raw and nasty. Or the crust is too hard and it stabs your mouth. Sometimes they get ruined by adding weird content like pineapple & green pepper, like, at the same time, who the hell does that? But if they’re done just right, at the perfect temperature, subject matter, toppings (extra mozzarella), punch line spot on, and consumed in moderation, they can be goddamn delightful. I’m hungry.
Also, thanks for hanging out on Halo Archive with us.”
– Mr Martini
I implore all of you to post about the lack of staff comments on the Beacons, here
And that is all everyone, we apologise for the delay for this one and hope that you all pardon our dust. Between in real-life situations and a small lack of information our work became mostly halted, we promise the next one will be right on schedule like always! – hopefully at least. . . – anyhow, be sure to check out our forums, create an account, pass through the countless posts and engage in discussions! You’ll be sure to find good friends and a good time!
Also, if you feel like you have what it takes – which of course you all do, we’re all wonderful, talented people on this platform that we choose to call home! – and you want to join the Content Team or help the blogs thrive more, be sure to go towards any and all staff members of the Archive and they’ll point you in the right direction! Everyone is welcome!